We can’t thank you enough for your prayers. God was so gracious in answering. Here is a brief rundown of what’s been happening in our world. I was tempted to say “little world” when I remembered that it’s actually quite extensive. (See request #5)
On the Home Front –
- ALT’s knee surgery went well, and now he is doing great. We are back on our regular morning walk and on our normal route. I am so glad! It’s just wasn’t as much fun walking alone.
- We found a wonderful church home at Lake Pointe Church in Rockwall. Great pastor, biblical preaching, all manner of ways to get involved and find fellowship and they have an amazing culture of hospitality and foreign and community outreach. It’s close so we can get involved during the week. In fact, it is just across the highway, five minutes from home.
- We are thankful for new friendships with our neighbors. We met several at our neighborhood garage sale. We have had some wonderful conversations with our next-door neighbors, who are Sikhs from India. We had them and our neighbors across the street, also new in the neighborhood, over for dinner. We had a great time. Pray for more conversations and opportunities to show them the love of Christ.
- Our financial support is at an all-time low this Fall. Please pray that God will supply. This seriously impacts the possibilities of entering into the fellowship at church and to become involved in the lives of our neighbors. It seems everything requires $ in the U.S. If you would like more details about our support, you can send us a note, give us a call, or you can contact Camino Global.
Happenings in the Virtual Education Office –
- 13 new students enrolled in the undergrad, Graduate Certificate, and the Master’s programs. These students are from Mexico, Guatemala, El Salvador, Peru, Argentina, and GERMANY! (We were especially surprised and thrilled about Germany)It is unusual for the 4th trimester to have this many new online students. It is much like our summer semesters. Please pray for growth in all the programs.
- In September SETECA received the 10-year extension of the international accreditation with AETAL.
- We are thankful for Alvin’s continued role in teaching and advising the new Director of the Virtual Ed Department. We are thankful as well, for the technology that allows for Alvin to meet regularly with the Director in video conferences.
- Our online associate’s degree is nearing completion of the first full cycle of classes. So, we should be seeing graduates next year. Alvin and Team have been concentrating on the design work of undergraduate classes and are now to the place where we will start to develop the standardization of the Master’s classes. This Fall Alvin will be working on creating a template for the first 2 classes, using the class that he will be teaching as the model.
Life is busy around here but in a peaceful way. We are thankful for the peace and especially when we see the turmoil and violence in the world. So, we are grateful to God for His grace to us and we pray for His grace in the resolution of the elections here in the U.S. We also pray for peace and protection for those in war zones throughout this world, and we never want to forget, may Israel know the peace of knowing their Messiah.
May our LORD shower you with His blessings, as you have blessed us with your support.